Starting on February 7th, 2022 applications and the guidelines for the new targeted RED program will be available. Applications will be accepted until March 7, 2022.
This RED intake will provide funding for municipalities, not-for-profit organizations, Indigenous communities, and local service boards to invest in strengthening their labour markets.
This Targeted RED Intake supports initiatives that attract and retain people such as:
- Collaborative marketing and outreach campaigns to grow rural Ontario’s workforce.
- Connect youth and apprentices to job opportunities, and placements.
- Creating dedicated spaces such as innovation hubs and youth centres to develop partnerships and foster innovation.
Project cost share and funding:
- Projects related to attraction and retention of workers / immigrants / youth are eligible for up to 70 per cent cost share, up to a maximum of $150,000 per approved project.
- Projects related to redevelopment of vacant and/or underutilized buildings are eligible for up to 50 per cent cost share, up to a maximum of $250,000 per approved project.
Join our Webinar to Learn about this RED Intake!
OMAFRA staff will be conducting two public webinars to provide an overview of the RED program and discuss the process for applying to the program. Please bring your questions as there will be a Q&A period.
Sessions are scheduled for:
February 8, 2022, 11:00am-12:00pm EST
February 22, 2022, 1:00pm-2:00pm EST
Ontario’s Rural Economic Development (RED) program is allowing rural communities to better respond to the local economic impacts of the pandemic by supporting actions that will address barriers to economic development, and better position rural communities for economic growth and job creation.