Niagara has a burgeoning tech sector, with an influx of technology and innovation companies putting their roots down and starting new ventures in the region. The emerging tech and start up community is welcoming, supportive and collaborative. It draws highly skilled professionals to Niagara, who are drawn by the quality of life and low cost of living to fill the growing number of positions available.
Since 2011, Niagara has seen double-digit job growth in an emerging tech sector. This includes jobs in computer systems design, scientific research and development, and architecture and engineering. Driven by entrepreneurial movement to the Niagara region, the job growth in these key technical areas is impressive:
- Computer systems design and related services: +47.5%
- “Other” professional, scientific and technical services: +28.3%
- Specialized design services: +24.5%
- Architectural, engineering and related services: +17.7%
- Scientific research and development: +13.5%
- Information and technology – +81%
With the influx of technology and innovation companies putting their roots down and starting new ventures, Niagara has a burgeoning tech sector. Close proximity to Canadian technology hot zones like Toronto and Waterloo gives businesses access to some of the continent’s top talent, and the region’s affordable housing prices and appealing wine country lifestyle is proving a powerful motivator for attracting this talent.