Niagara Region 10-year Economic Development Strategy
The new Economic Development Strategy was written at a unique time for Niagara as it emerged from the economic effects of the pandemic. It was developed by the Strategy Advisory Council (SAC). The SAC has representation from all municipalities by the director or senior manager.
The new long-term strategy is one of the Regional Council’s strategic priority projects, under Priority 1 Supporting Businesses and Economic Growth.
Niagara’s 10-year Economic Development Strategy is being developed in collaboration with the Long-term Economic Development Strategy Advisory Council.
- Marco Marino, Manager, Economic Development, City of Thorold (Chair)
- Paul DiIanni, Director, Economic Development and Communications, Town of Lincoln (Vice Chair)
- Bram Cotton, Economic Development Officer, City of Port Colborne
- Brian York, Director of Economic Development and Government Relations, City of St. Catharines
- Caralee Grummett, Manager Economic Development and Tourism, Town of Fort Erie
- Frank Miele, Economic Development Officer, Town of Grimsby / Harry Schlange, Chief Administrative Officer, Town of Grimsby
- George Spezza, Director, Economic Development, Niagara Region
- Lina DeChellis, Manager, Economic Development, City of Welland
- Linda Sicoli, Economic Development Officer, Economic Development, Niagara Region (representing Niagara-on-the-Lake, Pelham, Wainfleet and West Lincoln)
- Michelle Sergi, Commissioner, Planning and Development Services, Niagara Region
- Serge Felicetti, Director Business Development/Angela Davidson, Manager Economic Development, City of Niagara Falls
- Valerie Kuhns, Associate Director, Economic Development, Niagara Region (Project Lead)
Read or download the full 10 year economic development strategy below.