Tourism Adaption and Recovery Fund Application Form. If you require this application in any other format please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
To provide financial assistance in the form of 80% grants, to enable tourism-dependent, small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs) and Arts and Culture Not-for-Profits (NFP) organizations, to equip themselves to meet Public Health guidelines and protocols. The grant will enable the business to continue to operate, particularly through the shoulder and off-season in 2020/21.
Priority will be given to projects that retain/create jobs, have a high jobs/dollar invested ratio and increase the competitiveness and sustainability of the business post-COVID-19.
Eligible applicants include:
- In order to be eligible, the business must currently be operating in the Niagara region and be tourism-dependent. This grant was previously administered separately to Niagara-on-the-lake and therefore not available for businesses in Niagara-on-the-Lake.
- The business must have been established and in operation before January 31st, 2020.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate a loss in revenue compared to last year due to COVID-19.
- Project activities are new to the business and must be related to tourism-focused adaption of COVID-19 protocols or practices, sustaining or growing revenue generation and ensuring long-term sustainability.
- Grants will be awarded to eligible projects at a minimum of $2,500 and a maximum of $20,000.
- Recipients must match the grant with a minimum of 20% funds.
- Project costs must be incurred between June 1st 2020 and December 31st 2021.
- Any project costs already funded by Federal relief dollars are not eligible.
- Recipient must obtain all necessary permits and abide by municipal and provincial laws.
- Recipient acknowledges this grant is considered income to their business and agrees to keep accurate records.
- Recipient acknowledges that their name and grant amount will be public information and possibly used in the Ministry’s success stories or public announcements.
- All 12 municipalities in Niagara and the Region recently signed a declaration marking Niagara region as a member of the Coalition of Inclusive Municipalities. Projects that can demonstrate inclusiveness and diversity in their workforce or through their business activities will be given priority.
- To equip businesses to meet Public Health guidelines and protocols;
- Purchase of PPE, cleaning supplies etc. for workers;
- Accommodate social distancing (expansion of restaurant patio space, pick up windows or curbside pick-ups for retailers, secondary entry/exit to allow physical distancing, equipment to extend the outdoor dining season e.g. purchase of patio heaters);
- Implementation of technology, digital tools etc. for tourism operators to enable e.g. virtual queue, timed entry ticketing to enable social distancing.
- To apply to the fund please complete Tourism Adaption and Recovery Fund Application Form and submit it by email to email@example.com.
- If you require this application in any other format please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
- Any questions should be directed to email@example.com
- All applications will be reviewed by the Niagara Economic Rapid Response Team adjudication committee. An evaluation tool will be used to assess projects against eligibility guidelines.
- Successful applicants will be notified by Niagara Region Economic Development on behalf of the Niagara Economic Rapid Response Team.
We are accepting applications on an ongoing basis. Submissions will be evaluated as they are received.
Brought to you by: